There is no doubt in that M-commerce is trending these days.
M-commerce is a term used to describe all the commercial activities (such as making payments, browsing internet, and more) taking place on mobile devices. And today, mobile devices are used for almost every day-day activity. According to Statista, there are more than 2.8 billion smartphone users worldwide. Due to this, Google has made necessary for every website to be mobile friendly.
If you’re planning to expand your arms into M-commerce industry, these are some of the platforms Magento, WooCommerce, Joomla and more that you can use to build your eCommerce store. And among all these, Magento 2 is the most preferable platform to build eCommerce website for numerous good reasons.
Features of Magento 2
Magento was rebuilt from scratch to build a quicker, easier, and safer Magento 2 version. Magento developers took Magento to a whole new level and built the most user friendly and balanced ecommerce platform i.e., Magento 2. Combined with newly added HTML5 and CSS, Magento 2 exhibits following features.
1) Open and flexible architecture – Powered by entirely new, next-generation architecture, Magento 2 is more flexible than Magento. The flexible architecture allows users to make small to big changes without the help of developers. Moreover, Magento 2 backend users can use their mobile devices to access backend from anywhere and at any time.
2) Framework – Magento 2 provides its own testing framework. The testing framework includes integration, functional areas, performance, and the static environment. The M2 framework is based on reliable technologies with the following essential requirements:
- Major code refactoring was done to sort framework
- Major Data Grid enhancement
- Users can enable/disable modules for Magento application
- Compatibility with HHVM and PHP 7
- Updated technology stack with default HTML5/CS3 setup and PHP 5
3) Secure payments – Magento 2 tied up Cybersource and Wordplay to make payment operations more safe and secure. Magento 2 offers built-in integration with payment gateways like PayPal, Braintree, and Authorize.net. This update has made the payment process a lot easier for users.
4) Wider outreach – The M2 framework supports numerous languages and currencies so that Magento users can do business all over the world. There are many shipping options available, hence there isn’t any trouble in this aspect too.
5) Improved checkout – No one in the e-commerce industry likes abandoned carts. The chances of abandoned cart increases if the checkout process of ecommerce site is complex. One of the major difference that one can notice in Magento 2 is that a user experiences less complicated checkout process. Magento 2 platform provides easy and safe checkout where people can buy on their fingertips in a short span of time.
6) Backup/Rollback system –The command line tool of Magento 2 offers some handy commands. The website managers can use these commands to take backup and for some other functions. Some of the commands are:
- Setup: backup – Takes the backup of Magento application code base and media database.
- Setup: rollback – It rolls back Magento application code base, the media, and database.
- Info: backup: list – This command prints list of backup files.
7) Migration Tool – The newer version of Magento comes with a migration tool that helps migrate your website from Magento 1.9 to Magento 2.0 easily. This tool allows users to track and record shop settings, customers, catalogs, and categories etc… The M2 framework makes data and settings easy.
8) Marketing Features – Some other amazing features of Magento 2 platform are:
- Drag-and-drop interface allows you to position the products manually
- It offers dynamic display of content for better UI experiences
- It also features user content section. This section allow website managers to keep a track of user generated reviews so that they can build trust among customers and offer a community as a platform
- It allows easy customization of emails and newsletters to promote ecommerce platform.
- The M2 framework offers advanced search features integration such as Elastic search to ease in-store search
- Magento 2 offers customer segmentation and personalization for better shopping experiences
- Optimized product category pages so you can set up rules to organize the category pages to boost conversion rates further
After realizing about the amazing features of Magento 2, you might get tempted to switch to the Magento 2 bandwagon. For this, it’s always beneficial to have Magento 2 designers and developers in your contact who can help you with migration. Need Magento services for your ecommerce platform, contact us here!