Wouldn’t it be fantastic if you could market your targeted audience while they’re using the services of your competitors? With Geofencing marketing, businesses can reach their audience in new ways, increasing profits to the next level.
It’s a location-based type marketing strategy that allows businesses to connect with smartphone users (who enter a predetermined boundary or geographic location), such as a store, through mobile apps or mobile web pages. This marketing strategy relies on various technologies, including GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and radio-frequency identification (RFID).
How does geofencing marketing works?
Geofencing consists of the following steps:
- Find a geographical area around a real-world location.
- Set up a geofence around the location and start your geofence campaign for that particular area.
- When a user with a smartphone enters your geofence area, an event gets triggered. It means a user will start receiving ads, whether via notifications, in-app ads, or search or display ads, for the next 30 days.
You can implement a Geofencing marketing strategy without any hassle – especially if you have Primotech Digital Marketing team by your side.
Locations you can target with Geofencing Marketing
Curious to find out about Geofence Marketing location possibilities? Here are some places you can target with Geofencing marketing:
- Your location
- Competitor locations
- Events or trade shows
- Nearby streets and stores
- Households via addressable geofencing
The geofencing marketing doesn’t limit to these six locations; you can set up a virtual barrier almost anywhere.
Why Should You Start Geofencing Marketing?
Now you must have understood what geofence marketing is and how it works, let’s look atwhy you must invest your time.
1. Increases loyalty of shoppers
Did you know the cost of acquiring a new customer is five to 25 times more than retaining an existing customer?
So what must you do to retain your existing customer and increase shoppers’ loyalty? Our answer is Geofencing Marketing.
With geolocation marketing, you can gather crucial insights about your customer’s interactions with smartphones and their context. You can understand your customer’s behavior better and anticipate their needs correctly, which leads to brand loyalty.
2. Improved user engagement
Each geofencing campaign helps you gather data on your customers. It enables you to understand your audience better. Moreover, you discover what calls-to-action (CTAs) and ad copy works best on your target market.
You can use this data to refine your ads even more and boost the target audience’s engagement.
3. Timely delivery
If you’re running a new promotional ad and want heavy foot traffic at your store, a geofencing marketing campaign can make it easier for you to spread the word to your customers, who’re most likely to take advantage of the limited offer.
Strategies for Geofencing Marketing
You can make your Geofencing marketing campaign successful by keeping these strategies in mind:
1. Make Your Geofence The Right Size
Companies get too excited about the Geofencing campaign and set up oversized geofences, which don’t drive results.
The basic rule of geofencing advertising is that your fenced-in area should be only 4-5 minutes walking distance from your retail store. You may increase the fenced-in a bit more to a four- or a five-minute drive in some cases.
For instance, if your competitor store is 30 minutes drive away, most probably consumers will not be able to make a trip to your store that same day. So it would be best if you create small and compact perimeters.
2. Research Your Target Audience
If you understand your audience and know what they want, you can set up a geofence to drive better results. Moreover, you can create ads that can help you engage shoppers and encourage them to purchase.
3. Make Your Ad Actionable
Add an actionable and more specific CTA to your ad to invite more users. For instance, “Buy a pair of jeans and get one free, today only!” Moreover, make sure that your Geofencing ads aren’t self-serving or spammy. For example, if you’re promoting a new product, invite users to try it rather than forcing them to buy it.
4. Review Insights On A Routine Basis
You can optimize your geofencing marketing campaign and other digital marketing campaigns’ success by reviewing your data regularly. Otherwise, you won’t find out whether your campaign is a success or not.
5. Use All Your Targeting Techniques
Don’t forget to include these marketing techniques:
- Context targeting: It shows an ad relevant to the page content, such as an ad beside a news article about local restaurants.
- Content targeting: It targets the keywords used in searches. It also targets the intention of those keywords. For example, you want to target the keyword “restaurant with private bars,” you must ensure the content discusses your private bars and options.
- Retargeting: It shows your ad to the users who have viewed a product on your website.
- Dayparting: It targets users at certain times of day, better known as ad scheduling. For instance, your targeted audience is active from Monday through Friday; you can run your campaigns on weekdays.
Want to run a Geofencing marketing campaign? Contact Primotech digital marketing company, to reach your marketing goals! Our experts can help you reach your business goals and get customers at the lowest possible price.