Recently, WordPress rolled out a new security release 4.5.3 to strengthen security of all the previous versions. WordPress strongly recommends this update and here’s why:
Issues with WordPress 4.5.2 and earlier versions:
All the previous versions of WordPress were seriously affected by numerous security issues.
- Redirect bypass in the customizer
- XSS problems via attachment names
- Revision history information disclosure
- oEmbed denial of service
- Unauthorized category removal from a post
- Password change via stolen cookie
- Some less secure sanitize_file_name edge cases
WordPress 4.5.3 will also fix 17 different bugs from 4.5, 4.5.1 and 4.5.2. For more information, see the release notes.
You can download WordPress 4.5.3 here!
You can also go to your WordPress Dashboard → Updates →Click Update Now.
Please note that the sites that support automatic background updates will automatically be updated to WordPress 4.5.3.
Contact us for prompt WordPress support today and keep your website secure.